Bible reading is crucial to the growth of all disciples of Jesus. At Grace, we take Scripture seriously and want to help you grow in the word which is “living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword” (Heb. 4:12 ESV) and “to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus” (2 Tim. 3:15 ESV).
What’s Your Plan?
Like all things that have to do with growth in Christ, bible-intake requires intentionality. Do you have a plan? We encourage you to make a plan and stick to it. The internet and book stores are ripe with resources to help you make a plan. At Grace, we are going to provide three options for the church to read through. Below you will find several plans, and others and other resources to help you get in and stay in the Word.
Bible Reading Plan
The following are links to some good Bible reading plans that are available for free online.
- ESV Reading Plans
- Bible Gateway Reading Plans
- YouVersion Reading Plan (you can also download the “Bible” app on your smart phone and follow the plan on your devices)
- Discipleship Journal Reading Plan
- Ligonier Reading Plan
- 5 Day Bible Reading Plan
The following are some books and free resources to help you memorize Scripture:
- The Joshua Code is a great book that gives you 52 Scriptures to memorize, 1 for each week of the year
- Dr. Andrew Davis has a free booklet you can download to help with Scripture memory
- Fighter Verses is a site and app that have several choices on portions to memorize from you to choose from
- ESV Study Bible – there are plenty to choose from including hardback, leather, and imitation leather plus kindle additions. These are also available at Lifeway, Mardel, and Christian Book Distributors (CBD)
- HCSB Study Bible – like the ESV there are plenty to choose from like hardback, leather, etc.