Grace Baptist Church has a high view of church membership. The biblical witness of what it means to be a member of Christ’s body and bride demands such a view.
Membership with Grace Baptist Church is first precipitated on one becoming a genuine follower of Jesus Christ through having responded by faith by the drawing of the Spirit to the message of the gospel.
To qualify for membership of Grace, a person must be a believer of Jesus Christ who gives evidence of regeneration, who has been baptized (by immersion, in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), in obedience to Christ, following his or her regeneration, and who wholeheartedly believes in the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible. Each member must agree to submit to the teaching of scripture as expressed in the Statement of Faith of Grace Baptist Church and must promise to keep the commitments expressed in the Church Covenant. The elder board shall be responsible for determining each person’s qualification for membership. In making this determination, they may rely on a person’s profession of faith, or such other evidence, as the elders deem appropriate.
Admission of Members
- To be admitted into the church membership, applicants shall be recommended by the council of elders for admission, have attended a new members class and accepted by vote of the members at any regular or special meeting of the members, and shall at that point relinquish their membership from other churches.
The Steps to become a member, then, are:
- Apply for membership
- Sit-down and share testimony with the Lead Pastor or an Elder
- Attend New Member Class
- Be voted in by members at a regular or special members’ meeting
- Sign the church covenant and
- Relinquish membership from any other church